The BC Aboriginal Child care Society (BCACCS) operates the only provincial Aboriginal Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) program in BC. Services that are funded by the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development CCRR programs support early childhood educators and families throughout BC by providing information, outreach, resource lending libraries, networking, and learning opportunities.
Our CCRR program staff work in partnership with Indigenous families and communities on and off reserve and in urban settings throughout the province.
Our goal is to increase the availability and accessibility of high quality child care resources and services that support the needs of First Nations, Inuit, and Métis children and families. We strive to be adaptable, responsive, inclusive and culturally relevant. Services provided through our CCRR program include:
- Child care and licensing issues information and consultation
- Curriculum and program development
- Resource Centre and lending library
- Workshops and training opportunities
- Communication, outreach, and information sharing services
- Aboriginal ECE/ECD practicum and job postings
- Funding, Indigenous ELCC policy, and research highlights
For further information please contact our program manager firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-913-9128 ext. 227.