A membership with BCACCS helps support the creation of Indigenous early learning and child care services that are responsive to the needs of communities and families. Membership also helps to ensure children have access to education and resources that are rooted in their culture, history, and language.
The Benefits of a BCACCS Membership
BCACCS provides members with a provincial forum to network and share ideas about Indigenous early learning and child care. Benefits and privileges of membership include:
- A subscription to the Society’s E-News
- Resource Library borrowing privileges, with access to more than 900 child-focused books, articles, and videos, as well as BCACCS ECE resource boxes (including Moe the Mouse®)
- A discounted rate on BCACCS publications
- The ability to participate and vote on the business of the Society
- A voice in a professional Indigenous organization dedicated to quality child care
- An opportunity to shape and influence Indigenous child care policy, research, and practice, both provincially and nationally
- Membership with the Canadian Child Care Federation (CCCF) which includes receipt of their quarterly magazine, Interaction
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS
Student membership is *$15.00/year and applies to:
- Students enrolled in an early childhood education or child care related program
*Note: does not include a CCCF membership
Individual membership is $45.00/year and applies to:
- Early childhood educators (ECE’s) who are Indigenous and/or who work with Indigenous children
- Any individual working in early learning and child care (ELCC) programs
- Parents and grandparents of Indigenous children (including adoptive and foster)
- Elders and Knowledge Keepers
- Researchers, policy analysts, and administrators working in Indigenous ELCC
Centre Membership is $100.00/year and applies to:
- Child care centers
- IDP/AIDP & host agencies
- SCDP/ASCDP & host agencies
- ECE or ECD programs including, but not limited to, First Nations Head Start Programs, both on and off reserve
- Other ECD and early intervention service providers
- Bands and Tribal Councils or AHRDA holders
Note: A Centre Membership covers a maximum of 5 people per site.
Associate Membership is $200.00/year and applies to:
- All individuals or groups that do not fit in the above categories but who have an interest in the mission of our Society and wish to join.
To pay membership dues please mail a cheque or money order payable to BC Aboriginal Child Care Society.
BC Aboriginal Child Care Society
102 – 100 Park Royal South
West Vancouver, BC V7T 1A2
To become a member, please email [email protected].